The Role of Regional Procurement Manager covering the UK & Ireland
Work collaboratively with cross functional partners for defined categories to develop category strategies, build supply base options, ensure continuity of supply and drive value beyond price initiatives to ensure competitive cost base and deliver functional and business objectives
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Divisional Head of Procurement to develop the strategic sourcing plans for the regional categories or sub-categories which take into account both demand and supply-side considerations
- Engage with internal stakeholders in order to generate ideas and opportunities and ensure the category strategies and plans are aligned to functional and business targets
- Regularly review impact of economic, trade flow and commodity movements on the categories, assessing trends and providing insights to Procurement team and business partners of underlying cost drivers
- Apply appropriate tools and techniques to segment suppliers for the different categories, understand supplier financial performance and analyse supplier and market capacity and constraints
- Conduct sourcing and tendering activities and support negotiations of commercial terms and T&Cs up to a maximum target price as stipulated by the Divisional Head of Procurement and the Procurement Director.
- Project manage procurement change initiatives for the region and ensure timely delivery. Work with cross-functional stakeholders to reduce complexity and deliver value chain initiatives whilst maintaining or improving quality
- Daily, weekly and ad hoc reporting of pricing issues, remaining contract balances, coverage and usage
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with company policies and measure compliance
- Lead supplier performance reviews in conjunction with sites and drive performance improvement. Escalate performance issues as required
- Deliver functional objectives as defined by the Procurement Director.
- Act as a key point of contact for the Region and respective categories or sub-categories for both internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and lead monthly procurement review meetings with operational teams across all sites and input to monthly Procurement team reviews
Your Financial Responsibilities
- Build robust, realistic and accurate budget and forecasts for the Region and Categories under direction from the Divisional Head of Procurement.
- Manage the risk associated with the category spend, utilising market intel to assess risk, recommend action, manage market volatility and optimize cost
- Add value by identifying and executing activities to achieve total cost of ownership savings.
- Track category performance, risks and opportunities vs plan and make recommendations to the business
- Maintain accurate supplier and pricing information in ERP systems
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing suppliers and potentially new partners within the supply market for all categories to maximize value delivery and safeguard long term interests of the business
- Engage with internal stakeholders in the business, Operations, Quality, R&D, Commercial and Finance team and respond to internal customer requests and feedback
- Lead regional & local site procurement reviews with site Operations Manager, Financial Controllers and R&D teams as required
- Liaise with Procurement Managers in other regions and associated divisions to leverage potential Group opportunities
Previous Experience and Qualifications You Will Have
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or significant exprience required; MBA desirable
- A minimum or 5-8 years in experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Project Management
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing, Procure-to-Pay and Procurement Systems (eSourcing, eAuction)
- SAP expertise highly desirable
Your Contractual Features and Benefits
- Salary negotiable depending on experience £60k+
- Annual bonus
- Company Car
- Healthcare package
Please click on the Link, ensuring your CV and contact details are all fully up to date.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager