Regulatory Specialist - Chemicals
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 (Dependant on experience)
Additional: Pension 3/5% matched, 25 holidays + BH, other initiatives and group activities
Hours: Days, flexible (9.00-17.00, 8.00-16.00 or 10.00-18.00- whatever is better) Monday to Friday
Our Client, an established Chemical manufacturer is looking to recruit for either an experienced Chemist or Chemistry Graduate who will work in this new hybrid RA/ Project Co coordinator position and play a major part in the transition from a standard Chemical plant to a lower tier COMAH site. This company offer competitive pay and also offer a friendly and mature working environment, which I would recommend for anyone who wants to work outside of corporate structure.
Ensuring the behaviour is aligned with the safety culture of the company and that health, safety and environmental standards are met at all times by:
- Supporting the Company Site Steward Manager with delivering the global compliance strategy (Carrying out REACH registrations, global notifications, reviewing global inventories, poison centre notifications, COMAH management, Risk Assessments, MSDS etc ) * To manage key raw material data (chemical identity, regulatory info, specifications etc.) and support the review and introduction of new materials via the companies change management process. * To provide technical/regulatory input to customer enquiries, technical enquiries, complaints and improvement logs as required. * To carry out internal audits to support the Quality management system. * To assist the Stewardship manager and Tech service department with product management activities (including rationalising the product range when appropriate) * To provide governance and assurance to the companies project portfolio management process and ensure that projects are correctly reported and documented. * To collate and report data on the departments performance
- A Chemistry Degree is essential
- Will ideally have some experience working on a COMAH site as a Development Chemist or similar or have worked in a Chemical environment only.
- Strong interpersonal - communication skills again are essential; there is a lot of interaction with customers and internal departments; this role will not suit Candidates who are introvert
- Good mathematical - problem solving skills, with the ability to learn on the job