Research Chemist, Chemical
Hours: (Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm)
Salary: Up to £30,000 DOE
Additional: 25+ BH (holidays) increasing with every year of service, 4% matched company pension, annual bonus (performance and individual), food incentives (monthly), parking onsite and the company is currently looking into new incentives including gym membership.
Our Client a global polymer manufacturing company based in the Preston area, is looking to recruit for a Analytical Chemist who will be trained up in the below activities and given the chance to progress within the company. This lab is brand new, as the company have expanded their product range and as such have invested in site development - this is a great time to be joining them!
- Conducting research-based test work and working across the polymer reactions laboratory, analytical laboratory and other laboratory functions.
- Conducting HPLC/GC, FTIR (but not limited to) - test work
- Working and adhering to GMP guidelines
- Report writing and submitting key research data, offering expertise and advice on test work completed.
- Assisting the more junior (Analytical Chemists) in their work by offering insight and training.
- Concept to launch - PM for research activities.
- Will typically hold an MSc (or MChem) qualification or possess required experience outlined below and a minimum of a Chemistry Degree.
- Significant research - chemistry (analytical) experience and expertise in an industrial setting (commercial lab or GMP setting) 3+ years experience wanted.
- Will have used instruments like HPLC, GC and wet chemistry techniques etc (methods are pre written though).
- Strong report writing skills and able to communicate across difference departments