We are looking for a Risk Controller to work on our client's Project Controls Framework in Lancashire. As Risk Controller you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the risks, issues and mitigations associated with the project, reporting to the Estimating and Risk Group Head.
Our client's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes of work across UK's nuclear power stations. As part of this work, they will develop people capability in core project control skills and provide specialist support to Central Technical Organisations to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
* Identifying the risk exposure facing the project or projects responsible for
* Understanding the opportunities as well as the threats facing the project, and report these to the Project Manager as required
* Prioritising risks according to impact and probability of occurrence
* Assess, using both qualitative and quantitative techniques, the threats, opportunities, probability, and impact of the identified risks
* Supporting the Project Manager in developing a risk strategy and plan that supports project delivery of which the risk register must be a part
* Establishing, maintaining, and regularly reviewing the project risk plan
* Arrange timely risk reviews with risk owners and project team members as required
* Monitor and analyse event risks compared to the baseline analysis and evaluations
* Identify the stages through which the programme/project risk register should be developed
* Identify, plan and monitor, with the Project Manager, Cost Estimator, Cost Engineer and Planning Engineer, mitigation measures, reviewing risks as they are mitigated, and updating the risk plan and register accordingly
* Report an accurate and current event risk position to the Cost Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proficient in the use of risk tools and techniques
* Knowledge of developing a risk strategy and plan and experience of producing and maintaining risk registers across a range of project areas
* Technical aptitude with a high level of understanding of project management, engineering, regulatory, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning activities and their relation to project costs
* An analytical bias with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
* Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
* Strong verbal, written and presentational skills with a high level of analytical and numerate skills
* Strong MS excel skills and a working knowledge of MS Word and Power Point. Experience in the use of Estimating software packages
* Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience
* Professional membership of an appropriate institution (e.g., ACostE or equivalent)
* Ability to achieve Security Clearance at Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) level which generally requires 3 years' minimum residence in the UK, along with other vetting / check.