Role: - Safety Certification Engineer (IEC 60079, IEC 60950, IEC 62368 or IEC 61010)
Location: - Lancashire
Salary:- £30,000-40,000 p/a (DOE)
Russell- Taylor group are recruiting on behalf of a Global Testing & Certification company for a Safety Certification Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience in product safety ideally to an IEC standard and have an electrical bias background. Our client is looking for someone who is ambitious & a self-starter as there are lots of potential for career development within the safety team.
- Perform a variety of report & project file reviews to establish the safety of the products and production facilities.
- Be accountable for the release of certificates to customers (including sign-offs)
- Work alongside and provide guidance to the testing laboratories.
- Oversee standard and/or routine technical problem-solving activities.
- Interact with customers on technical issues and questions.
- Support the development of the certification scheme.
- Provide input and support on business development opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Make both formal and informal presentations on typical and/or routine safety to stakeholders.
- Assist in the professional development of junior engineers.
- Carry out key examination and implementation of testing concepts and data
- BSc or equivalent in a science or engineering related field
- Industry experience of product safety standards (IEC 62368-1, IEC 61010-1, IEC 60335-1, IEC 60601-1, IEC 60079-1, IEC 60079-7, or IEC 60079-11)
- Experience in a product safety test laboratory or explosive atmosphere test laboratory or certification body (essential)
- Electrical Bias (essential)
- Experience reviewing assessment reports to the standards listed above
- Good understanding of ordinary location and EX testing concepts (desirable)
- Ability to analyse data
- Excellent IT literacy skills
- High level of spoken and written English
- Ambitious and Self-starter