Sales Engineer - Valves
My client is a leading manufacturer and provider of a range of valves for a variety of industries including marine, water, power, and chemical. Established for over 60 years, they are establishing themselves as a global business, with offices in 4 countries and subsidiaries in many more. They pride themselves on their ability to design and produce standard products as well as customise all services to fit with customer requirements, always ensuring high quality.
Predominantly internal, this is a great opportunity for an experienced sales engineer to work closely with clients. The primary aim will be to increase sales and profitability of their range of products and services.
* Build strong customer relationships, developing key accounts whilst also bringing on new business
* Develop good communication throughout the company by internal networking across offices and countries
* Complete technical quotations in a timely and efficient manner, and follow up on any submitted quotes in order to increase chance of winning business
* Identify and engage target customers in line with company's values
* Report progress of sales opportunities to your line manager
* Efficiently plan use of company resources to service customer requirements
* Working from home or from their Cambridgeshire offices
Please note - for the first 6 weeks of this role you will be required to work approx 2 days a week in their Netherlands office for training purposes.
* Prior Sales experience
* Sold a range of valve products
* Worked in a strong engineering and sales environment
* Proven track record of completing technical quotations
* Good product and commercial knowledge
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to plan your time efficiently and meet targets
* Ideally sold into industries such as Oil and Gas, Power, Water, Process.
* £competitive dependent on experience
* Flexible working