SC Cleared Cost Engineer
I am currently recruiting for an SC cleared Cost Engineer to work on major decommissioning projects. The Cost Engineer will provide a comprehensive and effective cost control and reporting service for the contract, to enable the effective management of expenditure and provide oversight of the budget. In addition, they will manage the timely collection of data to support ongoing budget control and forecasting in accordance with the contract and business requirements. The successful candidate will join a growing Cost Engineering team that is based at numerous locations nationwide and provide project cost control support to existing and future contracts.
* Create and maintain cost control records to accurately record project expenditure using the accounting system and record accruals.
* Analyse and identify any anomalies with postings to the project.
* Liaise with the Project Manager to identify cost.
* Ability to collect and interpret data to build accurate estimate at completion (EAC) forecasts.
* Create and accurately maintain the monthly Application for Payment in accordance with contractual requirements and submit to the client, including use of the contract management system.
* Assist in the review of the Application for Payment from subcontractors and identify and report anomalies.
* Review the assessment, identify variances and report to the Project Manager.
* Prepare monthly Invoice Request Forms using the relevant contractual data.
* Prepare data for monthly internal project reports.
* Work within strict time restraints.
Qualifications and Skills
* Ability to create and maintain records from source data in an accurate and timely manner, without supervision.
* Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
* Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines and timeframes applicable to the stakeholders.
* Demonstrate sound communication and presentation skills to report key cost trends to all stakeholders.
* Experienced user of Microsoft Excel.
* Good understanding of accounting systems and procedures.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and to work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
Advantageous but not essential:
* Familiar with working under NEC3 contracts.
* Good working knowledge of CEMAR.
* Experience of Defence/Nuclear working practices.
* BPSS or SC security clearance.