Senior Analytical Team Leader, New Laboratory
Salary: £50,000 DOE
Benefits: Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Russell Taylor Group LTD is excited to announce we have partnered up with a leading testing company who are rapidly expanding and have built a purpose-built Laboratory on the Wirral with new equipment and new facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with Laboratory Managerial experience and ISO 17025 implementation to work for this fantastic company.
The team leader will create, manage and deliver high quality testing services focused on fuels services. The person selected will work as part of a wider team in a newly established laboratory located in the North West of England, which will offer a range of different types of inspection services and there will be opportunity for collaboration and to develop the overall growth of the laboratory services.
The team leader will be required to supervise technicians on a day-to-day basis, ensuring competence to meet business needs and report to, and work with, the overall head of Inspection Services.
- Responsibility, as part of a team, to conduct a wide range of complex analytical and physical tests on marine fuels using classical, modern and instrumental techniques.
- Conducting analysis work on samples from external clients, including the management of joint witnessed analysis as per customer requirements.
- Take part in routine and proficiency monitoring schemes as appropriate to demonstrate ongoing competency of testing
- Evaluates results and offers interpretations to customers
- Provide routine customer feedback on the progress of testing
- Conduct investigational analyses on products and other products within the capabilities and functions of the laboratory
- Assist with developing the laboratory's Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 17025
- Provide Input towards the growth and development of the laboratory going forward
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping standards and levels of safety and ensuring that laboratory staff adhere to policies and standards.
- Continued development of safety procedures and standards in accordance with HSE regulation and in-house requirements
- Responsible for the supervision, guidance and coaching of fuel services personnel
- Responsible for managing and developing the skills of fuel services personnel
- Coordinate the testing activities of the technician team to ensure adequate cover is provided both during normal operation and peak workloads.
- Responsible for investigating testing issues, and quality and safety incidents to determine root cause and ensure all relevant corrective / preventative actions are in place.
- Assists in procurement, installation and commissioning of analytical test equipment.
- Responsible for the upkeep of analytical test equipment with respect to calibration, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate supply of lab consumables though managing stores lists and timely ordering of stores items as well as non-stock items
- Responsible for reviewing round robin data and implementing corrective actions as required
- Responsible for review and writing local procedures e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, calibration procedures and in-house test methods.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Clients Inspection Services Quality Manual within the laboratory
- Conducts ISO 17025 Quality System audits
- Participate in internal and external training courses identified as appropriate to your continued development
- Will hold a Degree in a Chemistry related discipline
- Will have managerial or supervisory experience in a testing laboratory ideally within the fuels sector or related chemical - or contract testing
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes
- Numerate with good IT skills.
- Previous experience of using LIMS
- ISO 17025 implementation and QMS management
- Strong leadership skills