Senior Application Support Engineer
Summary of Role:
Working as part of a small Service and Support team, handling incident calls from customers, carrying out proactive maintenance tasks and assisting in the delivering of projects when required. Key responsibilities of this role include:-
- Acting as team lead and managing workloads and deadlines
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members.
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- Prompt and proactive management of incidents, prioritising work packages to ensure we deliver a customer response that meets or exceeds the expected service standards.
- Maintaining an excellent customer relationship, through good communication and high quality service.
- Proactive maintenance checks to diagnose and resolve issues before they become a problem.
- Working on your own or as part of a team, to provide technical support to other engineers and external customer engineering staff.
- Providing defined Work Plans to manage scheduled changes.
- Creation and maintenance of full lifecycle application documentation.
You will need excellent communication and prioritisation skills, as well as being self-motivated, confident and organised. A collaborative attitude is essential for a small but busy team. The role will require you to think ahead and solve problems quickly. The following core skillsets are essential for the role:-
- An understanding of Relational Databases - SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Exposure to ASP.NET and C# development or similar.
- Knowledge of SQL coding.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows / Office.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
The role will require some understanding of the following systems but additional training on these will be provided where necessary
- SQL Server skills (T/SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Oracle Forms, PL/SQL and Reports knowledge.
- Crystal Reports.
- IIS Website Deployment.
- Source Control (GIT/SourceSafe).
- Working knowledge of Hardware and Virtual Environments (i.e. PC, Server).
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- MS Project or other project planning tools