Senior Authorised Electrical Person
RTG are looking to recruit a Senior Authorised Electrical Person to act as the Technical Authority for HV and LV electrical infrastructure on several Fuel Terminals in the UK
With responsibility for a number of activities within projects and/or engineering works at any one time, the job entails overseeing professional contract electrical engineers who conduct engineering activities on the Fuel Terminal assets. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues, as well as with external stakeholders.
This role will be based remotely but will cover several terminals in Scotland, Cheshire and the South Coast of England. Therefore significant travel between these sites with overnight stays will be required, so a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential for this role.
* Responsibility of all Electrical systems and equipment associated with the Fuel Terminals ensuring the systems and equipment are safe, reliable, robust and conform with company and Regulatory policy,
* Development and review of policies, strategies, processes, and performance measurement frameworks in relation to Maintenance Management for electrical applications, and the promotion and application of best practice techniques,
* Take technical responsibility for the maintenance and operation of high voltage electrical equipment located within the Terminal's electrical distribution systems,
* Act as the technical authority providing leadership and guidance on all electrical activities for senior management and other engineering disciplines.
* Identify continuous improvement work on existing infrastructure, where possible introduce new technologies to aid process performance, develop project implementation strategies, prepare capital and revenue expenditure budgets,
* Produce scopes of work at concept, FEED and detailed design level for Electrical systems and equipment, assist others disciplines with Electrical aspects,
* Act as the technical lead on all electrical regulatory issues, liaise with the Regulatory bodies, including HSE and Environment Agency (SEPA in Scotland), review and make recommendations on health, safety and environmental regulations and strategies to ensure compliance,
You must be qualified in an Electrical engineering discipline, ideally Chartered Engineer status, with project management experience, preferably within a COMAH regulated industry/operation.
You must be able to demonstrate a very strong knowledge of high voltage system operation and safe working practices. This should include experience of operating and maintenance of both 11KV distribution systems and 3.3KV motors and their associated starters. With experience in the planning and conducting of high voltage switching programmes, and ideally be qualified and experienced at a "Senior Authorised Persons" level with regard to HV systems.
You will also need to have experience of Electrical engineering design and installations in hazardous area process plant environments, with an in-depth knowledge of legislation relating to ATEX, BS 7671, BS EN 61508, PSLG, COMAH and CDM.