Role: - Senior Automation Scientist (12-month FTC maternity Cover)
Location: - Remote (based Northwest/Yorkshire for visits to site)
Salary: - Competitive
Additional: - Life assurance & Pension contribution (3%ER/5% EE)
Our client, an IVD-Medical Device company are looking to recruit an experienced technical automation scientist who also has people management experience within the Life Science field. There is a good opportunity that if you impress in the role that you will be kept on beyond the 12-month period.
- Lead the delivery of Automation and System Integration of IVD products
- Manage two junior automation scientists- train them up.
- Contribute to overall project planning and reporting.
- Lead complex projects.
- Provide expertise in the improvements of SOPS, process flows, plans & reports.
- Install, test & validate new automation systems.
- Expert input into study design and data interpretation
- Design and optimise automation workflows.
- Enable data transfer between automation platforms and LIMS systems.
- Lead troubleshooting activities
- Various integration with other departments- cross functional role!
- BSc or equivalent Life Science/Genetics/Biochemistry/Genetics
- Strong experience in Automation
- Working knowledge of GLP
- Experience of qualification and validation
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff.
- Experience with Liquid handlers is a must.
- Experience of automation equipment/software- PerkinElmer, Beckman, Hamilton, Agilent, Tecan
- Hands of experience with DB management (PostgreSQL)
- Able to analyse workflows and identify changes that need to be made.