Reporting directly to the Technical Sales Manager you will be required to produce fully detailed commercial & technical quotations in compliance with standard company procedures. This includes accountability for the content, completeness, consistency, quality and timeliness of all quotations ranging from small individual MCCs to complex high value fully engineered projects.
You will also be responsible for the subsequent follow up of quotations in order to covert these into successful orders for the company.
You must be fully adaptable and able to interpret, read and understand various customers ITT technical specifications & documentation which are presented to us several different formats to enable us to offer the most commercially acceptable technical solution for each specific project.
- To provide accurate detailed quotations in the required timescales in accordance with the customer's specific requirements.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy across all quotations / tenders in accordance with both the company standards and the customer's requirements
- Work on an individual basis or as part of a team including provision of support and advise where necessary on large enquiries.
- Understand and articulate technical and commercial risks in proposals.
- Peer review of team member quotations.
- Attend quotation / contract handover meetings upon award of successful bids.
- Participate in the screening of prospects, PQQ & ITT documents.
- Always ensure customer is kept up to date with progress throughout the sales / tendering process.
- Collect and collate feedback data from the customers in order to monitor and continuously improve our service to all our potential customers.
- Assisting in the planning, organisation and training of department juniors.
- General knowledge of LV Switchboards, MCC, VSD and PLC systems and latest British & IEC Specifications.
- Experience of current LV Switchgear / MCC design and manufacturing processes.
Personal & Team Skills
- Able to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external staff at all levels.
- Good, accuracy attention to detail.
- Good forward planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills dealing with both internal & external personnel.
- Ability to cope under pressure.