Our client is looking for a Senior Calibration Engineer to be responsible for all aspects of specialist calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards in a UKAS -17025 accredited Laboratory to ensure a first class service to their customers.
By undertake calibration measurements to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications, you will maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising the relevant business management system.
- Excellent working environment & culture
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits programme
- Voluntary benefits
- Calibration of measuring equipment to national 17025 UKAS standards.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Guide/Support/Supervise and mentor junior team members
- Assist with on the job training when required.
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures.
- Participate in Inter-laboratory measurement audits.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and organised manner.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted timescale and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and reported to your line manager.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and experience of calibration practices and theories is essential.
- PC literacy and knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software is required.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline and previous experience of working in the calibration industry is desirable.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment is preferable.