Russell Taylor Group are currently working with a leading specialist in calibration, maintenance and measurement of electrical and mechanical services. They are consistently growing and there is room for internal progression within the company and with a mindset that every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career, they offer development programmes which are ILM accredited. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence in their clients and contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of their companies. On offer there is an excellent salary of up to £23K (depending on experience), day shifts only Monday - Friday, approximately 37 hours. There is also a rewarding and ethical work environment, 33 days holidays, pension, life assurance, and employer perks package.
As an experienced Senior Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of specialist calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards in a UKAS -17025 accredited Laboratory to ensure a first class service to our customers. Other responsibilities will include:
- Undertake calibration measurements to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications
- Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising the relevant business management system.
- Calibration of measuring equipment to national 17025 UKAS standards.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files.
- Guide/Support/Supervise and mentor junior team members
- Assist with on the job training when required.
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures.
- Participate in Trescal Inter-laboratory measurement audits.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and organised manner.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the Trescal facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted timescale and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and reported to your line manager.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Ideally, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of calibration practices and theories is essential.
- PC literacy and knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software is required.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline and previous experience of working in the calibration industry is desirable.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment is preferable.
If you are interested to discuss this role further, then please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034 or email email@example.com