Role: Senior Certification Engineer - Electrical Bias
Location: North West UK
Salary: Highly Competitive
**New Role - Just in**
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Certification Engineer to provide high quality certification services to meet clients needs. You will provide technical guidance, interpretation of standards, processes, procedures, product testing information; compliance and maintenance recommendations; technical reviews and independent checks. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Global Test & Certification company and progress within your career!
- To provide training to Lab Techs, newly qualified certifications engineers and advise were necessary.
- Lead small teams on projects and review the work of others.
- Manage own certification projects ensuring compliance, all safety requirements are met, completed on time and to budget.
- Review test data, reports and authorizes application of Certification Marks. Prepares and / or signs Certification Reports and Certificates of Compliance.
- Evaluates products at the customer facility. Witnesses tests performed by the customer on their products. Provide them with full support and aftercare when required.
- Keep Senior Management updated on project status, pointing out major problems and non-compliance.
- Makes field trips and performs test work at manufacturer's facilities as required.
- You will work with sales department to support current clients and develop new client opportunities to support growth.
- Describe the working conditions related to the job including physical requirements, equipment used, time constraints, public contact, etc
- You will become fully knowledgeable in all national / international standards through research of standards, documentation, bulletins, and technical articles in area of specialty.
- You will recommend revisions to ensure technical consistency to resolve issues of pertinent practices, processes, and precedents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with likely 6 or more years of job-related experience; or Degree / Diploma in Engineering Technology or related technical field with 8 or more years' experience.
- Thorough knowledge of national and international standards and testing procedures
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills; customer service skills, strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Strong organisational, time and project management skills to complete job tasks independently and in a time-efficient manner
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment
- Reads, interprets, and develops engineering drawings
- Technical report writing
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments, and tools
- Has accumulated experience of on-site and / or laboratory testing for both common and product specific testing requirements and can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of testing requirements
- Experience in electrical motors, luminaires, junction boxes bias preferably (60079-7, -18 lower down the list in standards is 60079-1 and 60079-11).