Senior Civil CAD Technician
Commutable from Southampton, Waterlooville, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Newbury
Due to continuing growth and success my client is looking to add a Senior Civil 3D Technician to join the team and manage all the civil engineering design from pre-planning, conceptual design through to the production of as built drawings.
As well as a competitive salary, my client is offering 25 holiday days and study leave, private healthcare, life assurance, pension and many other benefits.
It is your job as the Senior Civil CAD Technician to help produce the schematic/concept designs for various highways and drainage projects using AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Micro Drainage.
You are also responsible for:
- The analysis and design of drainage and highways, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Oversee the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Support junior engineers and CAD Technicians.
- Minimum of HNC/HND Engineering or related subject.
- Must have experience working in a similar role.
- Must be IT literate with experience of civil design software packages - AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Micro Drainage.
- A good understanding of Section 278 and 104 agreements.