Looking for a Senior Commerical Manager to provide complete contract management services for well-known nuclear company, according to the needs and the stage of a specific project.
Working with all functions; supporting pre-contract and contract execution phases, minimising risks and maximising opportunities, whilst ensuring accuracy of forecasts in line with company policies and procedures.
- Management and oversight of the entire contract management process serving as point of contact for customers for any contractual matters, both in the pre-contract and contract execution phases.
- Development of the UK commercial and contracts management team including planning, recruitment, training, day to day management and performance evaluation.
- Supporting the Marketing & Strategies Unit with Bid/No-Bid decisions and bidding strategies.
- Drafting, evaluation, negotiation and guidance on confidentiality agreements, cooperation agreements with partners, contracts with customers, requests for contract/agreement amendments.
- Working with assigned bid teams and the company's Legal Dept to analyse the contractual terms & conditions proposed by Customers, assuring accuracy and appropriateness of contract texts and schedules, ensuring that proposals are aligned to company policies and procedures.
- Identifying the potential deal breakers; according to the company policy, proposing possible deviations to mitigate contractual/economic risks.
- Preparation of a detailed Risk Analysis for each tender with overall responsibility for presenting the output to the Delegated Authority for final approval.
- Degree qualified, with extensive commercial experience working for EPC organisations within a highly regulated industry
- Extensive experience developing complex tenders within multi-disciplined bid teams
- Specific experience in dealing with contractual matters and interfacing with legal departments
- Experience with most common forms of contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Good working knowledge of typical IT project tools (Microsoft Office, Primavera etc)
- Professional memberships an advantage but not essential