The Senior Contract Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the project from the first marketing approach, through quotation, negotiation, realisation, costs, invoicing, final acceptance, receipts, from conception to completion.
The candidate would be expected to have at least 5 years of experience within this type of role.
- Identify projects and tenders. Responsible for tenders until successful receipt of orders
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects
- Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and cost savings opportunities are identified and actioned.
- Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Where on site work is required, responsibility for all safety, health, environment and quality matters
- Ability to develop solutions when dealing with customers restrictions in space I site issues
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Assumes overall responsibility for the projects and tenders in terms of financial performance, deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
- Responsible for the management of projects under their authority, including liaising with the workshop supervisor during the day to day manufacturing of projects.
- Responsible for determining the projected cost estimates at the end of business deals for which they are responsible, and provides reports to the BU Manager.
- Organises bid and contract reviews and monitors changes in the contract.
- Verifies & validates sales orders before acknowledging receipts.
- Ensures the Quarterly Account Closing (EV) of their projects is properly carried out and the forecast estimates are duly performed.
- Manages the procurement and purchases for their projects.
- Establishes and counter signs purchase requests (PR).
- Responsible for the technical aspects of their projects.
- Participates in the preparation of the Business Unit's annual budget, Shared Strategic Plan (SSP) and their individual commercial action plan.
- Ensures that customer complaints are recorded and corrective action is taken.
- Ensures that corrective action is taken for all nonconformities.
- Maintains contract document control.
- Develops and manages key customer relationships, through regular reviews of contract performance with customers, understanding and managing needs and gaps
- Proactively delivers a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers
- Actively seeks out, drives and promotes service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Continually reviews supplier performance and shares information
- Reviews and approves project execution plans, health and safety plans, environmental plans, and safe method of work plans
- Seeks opportunities for business growth both within and outside the existing contract base
Technical skills and experience
- Experienced in the Design of Low Voltage Switchboards and Motor Control Centres.
- Experienced in site survey 's leading to modifications to existing equipment.
- Proven experience of working with and managing contracts within a traditional construction project
- Understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value I evaluating variations of works undertaken
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers at all levels
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills ; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to simplify complex concepts both orally and in written form
- Calm professional manner, but able to take firm and timely decisions
- Positive "can do" attitude, be proactive to identify and resolve management problems
- Able to work extended and/or unsocial hours to the full requirements of the role
- Ability to deliver projects to demanding deadlines
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
Qualifications and training
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline