Senior Document Controller – Sellafield– Nuclear
A global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects, this company has extensive in-house technical resources combining process, mechanical and electrical engineering, technology integration, lean construction and commissioning expertise. Our unique combination of high-tech engineering and excellent project management help our customers to reach their goals and to strive for new horizons.
For over a century they have been at the forefront of engineering advanced design and construction solutions. Today, with over 6,000 technical professionals operating in over 30 countries worldwide, we have the expertise to deliver the most complex projects to the most exacting performance standards.
- £Competitive salary
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Good command of English language, Written and Oral.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the control of project documents or correspondence on large and complex projects.
- Proven experience in document control procedures and protocols.
- Experience in carrying out procedure implementation on projects.
- Working knowledge of project interfaces with regards to disciplines and systems.
- Previous experience in Engineering, Construction or Resource Industries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience with direct interaction between Client Team Members and Project Team Members.
- Able to perform under minimal supervision via written procedures and work instructions.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Execute document control protocols and procedures in functional work areas as assigned by the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Process incoming and outgoing documents including receipt, classification, registry, distribution, archiving, storage and retrieval.
- Develop knowledge and understand project management principles, quality systems, quality plan and working procedures.
- Implement elements of project management and quality within the scope of the project document control department.
- Attend to control and check points allowing for continuous monitoring of procedure implementation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project document control procedures under the supervision of the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Front-line enforcement of approved document control procedures across the project organisation and interface with other project participants and team members.
- Identify specific instances of non-conformances and report details to supervisor for onward resolution.
- Continuously identify opportunities of enhancements in the document control process.
- Prepare document status reports as directed by supervisor.
- Provide assistance in the training programme on project document control systems and skills transfer.
- Develop and maintain open communications and positive working relationships with project participants and team members providing advice and support when required.
- Rapidly adjust and contribute into a project environment where there is minimal input and organisational structures are not fully developed.
- Strengthen the document control team by enhancing the skills of junior staff vai close on-the-job training.
- Apply a proactive approach in a fast paced, constantly changing and expanding environment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a diverse global business.
To find out more call Patrick from Russell Taylor on 0151 737 5560. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org