To build your career by supporting the Electrical Project Managers in the delivery of 'leading edge' engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects to quality, on time and to budget. To benefit from Client's Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
As Electrical Engineer you will be responsible the engineering activities on a specific construction project or multiple projects dependent on size and complexity. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning ensuring that the Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOP's and O&Ms and present for approval.
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works.
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
To be considered you will:
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments.
- 5+ years previous contracting experience
- Data Centre and Pharmaceutical Sector experience is preferable.
- Strong technical and commercial acumen.
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Decisive and action oriented
- Team player
- Attentive to detail and record keeper
- Results oriented with the resilience to work under pressure