Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Hardware Engineer who has experience with feasibility studies and optioneering to work for a system integrator within the UK Nuclear and Defence industries.
Our Client recognises that their people are their greatest asset. They work as a team to promote a fantastic culture which encourages flexible working, progression, and generally a fun and rewarding place to work. Benefits include: - A very competitive basic salary, 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 12:30 finish on a Friday, a competitive pension and life assurance.
We are looking for candidates with experience designing hardware configurations and electrical installations for complex automation systems using AutoCAD Electrical (or similar).
The role will involve; hardware requirements specification and analysis, hardware system design, hardware functional design, hardware specification, participation in peer and formal reviews, preparation of test plans, specification and procurement of test equipment, coordinating and supporting the manufacture and test of system components.
* Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards
* Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
* Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND / HNC
* Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical (or similar)
* Must be able to achieve UK security clearance
* It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members
* A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
* Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
* Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
Please follow the instructions below to apply: