Role: Senior Electrical / Electronic Engineer - Product Safety
Salary: £DOE / Competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer, Product Safety Specialist based in Fareham. You will carry out electrical safety testing and design assessments on and off site. If you're a Compliance Engineer or similar working towards product approvals within an Electrical / Electronic product Manufacturer we would like to hear from you also. You must be product focuses in order to be considered for this role.
- Carrying out electrical safety testing and design assessments at TÜV SÜD and customers sites.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Conducting factory inspections.
- Compilation of test summaries and reports in support of testing and certification activities. * Conducting peer reviews of documentation and reports.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work and, that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic engineering.
- Electrical safety testing experience, with knowledge of electrical safety standards such as IEC / EN 60950-1, 60065, 62368, 61010-1, 60335-1, and test laboratory quality and operating procedures.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical/electronic circuits.
- IT skills using MS office suite of programs.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to 'get the job done'.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to work off-site at clients' premises and occasional overseas trips.
- Full driving licence.
- Knowledge of global certification procedures
- Knowledge of standards, laboratory quality and operating procedures