Role: Senior Engineer / Technical Report Vetter (RF)
Salary: Highly competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer / Technical Report Vetter (RF) to join a growing Test & Inspection company. You will facilitate the growth strategy within the RF discipline we are implementing this new role. As part of a team of specialists you will be responsible for working with the Supervisors and Project Managers to vet test reports prior to release to our clients to ensuring they accurately detail the tests performed and resulting results are in accordance with the applicable test specifications. In addition to this key activity you will support activities which underpin our accreditation and testing activities.
Will support activities which underpin our accreditation and testing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate vetting of RF test reports, to ensure reports are compliant with client, regulatory and quality requirements covering regulatory requirements (Eu, FCC, Aus/Nz ICS, ARIB, IEC, COSPAS/SARSAT)
- Interfacing with RF test engineers if clarification is needed relating to the testing performed
- Provision of statistics to Supervisors to reduce errors / improve efficiencies in the service provision
- Initiate improvements in the testing and reporting process to improve delivery and lead-times
- Conduct gap analysis for new specifications ensuring our Scope of Accreditation is current.
- Support the review and development of Test Method Sheets which provide instruction to the engineers when conducting testsReview the Competence Database System ensuring all engineer competence levels are current and in line with the Scope of Accreditation.
- Promote our technical capability and service offering within the market and our global TUV SUD network.
- HND (or equivalent) in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Practical experience of RF testing, either an R&D or test lab environment, in accordance with Regulatory Specifications (Eu, FCC, ICS, Aus/Nz)
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems i.e. ISO 17025
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Practical Experience of report vetting within a test house environment.
- Working knowledge of Cospas-Sarsat test / certification