- To deputise for the Environment Manager within the refinery.
- To deputise for the Environment Manager with the Regulator.
- To ensure compliance with the Organisation and regulatory requirements now and in the future.
- To deliver all reporting requirements to the Regulator and Organisation on schedule and to a high standard.
- To deliver all specific projects and work items in support of delivery of the Organisation's legislative requirement and environmental vision.
- To support the Environment Manager in role of "asset owner" of Environmental regulatory and improvement projects and commitments for the Organisation.
- To act as a champion of the Organisation's Environmental performance.
- To ensure delivery of environmental performance and excellence by manufacturing organisation through close monitoring, audit and active support.
- To ensure that all the necessary data is collected reviewed and managed to ensure compliance with all relevant reporting requirements.
- To develop their environmental skills and competencies.
- To manage the day to day operation of the ISO 14001 system including assurance audits for compliance.
- To be able to work with regulators and third parties at a professional level.
- To carry out audits on all environmental systems and to make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- To contribute and where appropriate to lead incident investigations using an appropriate methodology.
- To have oversight of all environmental improvement activities and drive results to tight deadlines, contributing effectively to the technical teams charged with delivery (including projects, operations and TEC) and influencing key enablers and stakeholders as required.
- Duty rota cover on the Environment Duty Rota, providing response as per the site emergency plans.
- Delivering excellence in Environmental operating standards and results for the Organisation through a combination of continuous improvement of day to day operation and upgrading capability through investment projects.
- Interfacing with the competent authority and industry bodies to ensure the Organisation is well represented, informed and prepared regarding changes to regulation and implementation.
- The Senior Environmental Advisor will maintain active oversight of operational metrics and parameters critical for environmental performance and to identify where trends or excursions cause concern.
- To deliver action to recover and to manage the daily interactions with the production units to ensure legal compliance, reporting to the Environment Manager and making a significant contribution to the wider HSSE team, and managing allocated budget spend for projects and work items assigned.