Senior Facades Engineer (Facades Construction & Manufacturing)
Liverpool/Manchester North West
Highly Competitive Salary Package
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades, however at such an exciting time they have relocated their whole team to the North West where they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades portfolio and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment, tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board with new Management and are now looking for an experienced Senior Facades Engineer to join their team.
Senior Facades Engineer Requirements:
- 3- 5 years hands-on experience with facades/curtain walling
- Knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of façade systems e.g. stick, unitised, SSG
- Conversant with all mainstream cladding materials
- Conversant with roofs and roofing materials
- Preference for possession of a degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification * Preference for structural/civil/mechanical engineering or similar background
- Ability to deal with all professionals and persons within the building industry, including Clients, Building Managers, Architects & designers, contractors, manufacturers etc.
Your Core Experience to include:
- Façade design principles
- Team Management
- Knowledge of core façade materials e.g. glass, metals, sealants, fixings, finishes, coatings etc.
- Installation of facades and curtain walls
- Commercially literate to provide fee proposals and budget costs
- Façade testing methods
- Inspections and condition surveys of old and new facades
- Conversant with Façade Fire Risk Assessment
- Prepared to give technical presentations in-house or for marketing purposes
- Ability to work at height and in maintenance cradles and MEWPS
An exciting opportunity for a forward thinking individual who has the potential to forge a career into senior management. Someone with a strong engineering background and who has management a team in the Facades sector would be desirable.
Apply via CV submission or contact Mike Cairns to discuss further.