Senior Formulation Chemist - Cosmetics/ Skincare
Location: South London
Salary: Very competitive DOE, plus additional benefits package
Our Client, an award-winning cosmetic/skincare company with an element of fame attached to it… are growing and looking to recruit for a Senior Formulation Chemist that will work at their modern - state of the art facility in South London.
This company has a fantastic reputation in the industry, with their brand recognisable across the UK; and with a focus on sustainability and creating a 'greener' culture within their industry- they are industry leaders at the forefront of innovation.
They have recorded record sales this year despite the pandemic; and they continue to grow at a rapid pace.
- Designing and developing a wide range of skincare & body care formulations
- Designing and developing a wide range of sun care and hair care formulations
- Conducting, designing, and developing methods for formulation/packaging testing
- Conducting in-house testing for products/product collections
- Shortlisting ingredients through conducting thorough research across relevant media such as journals, conferences, meetings etc.
- Writing methodologies and conducting pilot batches with the Manufacturing Team
- Providing scaleup support to manufacturing team
- Liaising with suppliers across the globe and internal supply chain for shortlisting and selecting ingredients and alternate ingredients
- Liaising with the Customer Support Team for post launch surveillances
- Guiding Junior Formulators when required alongside the Technical Manager and CEO for formulation development
- Preparing, rolling out and filing COSHH sheets
- Will hold a relevant degree in Chemistry/Cosmetic Chemistry/ Biochemistry
- More than 7 years of experience in cosmetic formulation design, development and scale up
- An in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of skin and hair active ingredients and formulations
- An in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of skin and hair measurement protocols and equipment (Cutometer, Corneometer, Mexameter, Sebometer, Visioscan, etc)
- A thorough understanding of and hands on experience in cosmetic formulation testing, using instruments such as but not limited to Viscometer, Rheometer, Spectrophotometer
- An in-depth knowledge of cosmetic, personal care and cosmeceutical active ingredients, their usage in the formulation/s and regulation
- Excellent knowledge of raw material suppliers across the globe
- A significant understanding of GLP and GMP working environments