Senior Formulation Chemist - Cosmetics/ Skincare
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00
Location: South London
Salary: Very competitive DOE
Our Client, an award-winning cosmetic/skincare company with an element of fame attached to it… are growing and looking to recruit for a Senior Formulation Chemist that will work at their modern - state of the art facility in South London.
This company has a fantastic reputation in the industry, with their brand recognisable across the UK; and with a focus on sustainability and creating a 'greener' culture within their industry- they are industry leaders at the forefront of innovation.
- Design and develop a wide range of colour care and makeup products such as lipsticks, mascaras, foundations, eyeliners etc.
- Design, develop and conduct methods for formulation/packaging testing.
- Shortlist ingredients through conducting thorough research across relevant media such as journals, conferences, meetings.
- Good record keeping skills on formulation development, testing and raw materials - these to be kept updated daily.
- Provide scaleup support to the manufacturing team, write methodologies and conduct pilot batches with our Manufacturing Team.
- Liaise with suppliers across the globe and internal Supply Chain Team for shortlisting, choosing ingredients and alternate ingredients.
- Roll out the colour care and makeup products from lab to customers with minimal assistance via various stages of the product development cycle.
- Liaise with Customer Support Team for post-launch surveillances
- Guide junior formulators, QC Team on product specifications and test wherever required.
- Will hold a relevant degree in Chemistry/Cosmetic Chemistry/ Biochemistry
- More than 7 years of experience in cosmetic formulation design, development and scale up, other industries (coatings etc may be considered)
- An in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of active ingredients and formulations
- protocols and equipment (Cutometer, Corneometer, Mexameter, Sebometer, Visioscan, etc)
- A thorough understanding of and hands on experience in cosmetic formulation testing, using instruments such as but not limited to Viscometer, Rheometer, Spectrophotometer
- An in-depth knowledge of cosmetic, personal care and cosmeceutical active ingredients, their usage in the formulation/s and regulation
- Excellent knowledge of raw material suppliers across the globe
- A significant understanding of GLP and GMP working environments