Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Russell Taylor are recruiting for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to implement, monitor and develop our Client's health, safety and environmental operations within their Staffordshire Office. The company designs, installs and then commissions industrial equipment within the Oil and Gas industry.
* The successful candidate will be the primary contact for employees and managers concerning safety-related matters, and will be responsible for the application of the Company Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) systems.
* The HSE Advisor will be accountable for the Company's CDM Principal Designer and Principal Contractor compliance. This includes but is not limited to: risk assessment and management activities, managing the internal permit to work system, client site audits, CDM compliance, applicable report writing, industrial HSE compliance auditing, HSE training, HSE system development, incident investigation and data trending and analysis.
* Support Client projects with the production of documentation to ensure compliance with CDM regulations
* Conduct site audits and inspections.
* To provide resources and information to Company employees and management as needed.
* Provide/direct company-wide training on all relevant QHSE related topics.
* Ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are developed, monitored and embedded for workshop activities.
* Conduct HSE audits in accordance with Company Audit and Inspection plans, designed to measure the level of compliance with both legislative and Company requirements.
* Support the Group Quality Manager in all QHSE Audits.
* Ensure that all findings from audits and inspections are communicated, actioned and closed to the required level, i.e. by updating Company procedures, providing direct feedback to the functional Director/Manager, toolbox talks/staff briefings etc.
* Ensure correct recording and monitoring on all Accident and Incident reports received, carrying out the necessary level of investigation and review of findings with the Directors, producing associated reports as required. Undertake routine low-level health surveillance checks as and when required.
* Proven track record in QHSE Management and QHSE Management standards (ISO9001, 14001, BS OHSAS18001/45001, Achilles UVDB Verify)
* NEBOSH diploma or equivalent (equivalent formal qualification for Environmental also desired, ditto for Quality)
* Experience with and Knowledge of current CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations) regulations
* Experience with and knowledge of Achilles accreditation and auditing
* Auditor qualification and experience including Client site works inspections/audits including CDM, and major gas infrastructure owners/providers requirements.
* Experience in performing audits/assessments as above of sub-contractors/suppliers.
* Broad knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and Guides/Standards, also Quality Standards practices & techniques.
* Experience of handling 3rd party and customer (& their agents) auditors.
* Experience of conducting 'tender and in-contract' QHSE activities in a pressured environment.
* Experience in generation & checking of management procedures, risk assessments (+ reviewing & utilising method statement detail), COSHH assessments in a pressured environment.
* Experience in Design, Manufacture, Installation and service industry.
* Management of Improvement programs & various improvement activities/techniques
* Develop and deliver Toolbox talks and relevant training.
* Experience of undertaking Accident/Incident investigations and production of associated reports
* Oil and Gas industry experience or equivalent.