Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Paint Plant)
Russell Taylor are actively looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for an exceptional opportunity in Bath. Our Client are preparing to build a new factory and intend to replace their current paint plant to apply a variety of paint finishes to finished product.
The Project Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the specification, installation and commissioning of the paint plant, ensuring that it meets the highest standards of safety, productivity and paint finish in a demanding lean and customer focussed environment.
Once the paint plant is installed the role will provide on-going technical support to ensure continued compliance and to make changes and improvements as required. In addition this role will be expected to provide support for other automated processes, both current and proposed.
* Specify and install a wet paint plant capable of applying a variety of wet paint finishes. Meeting health and safety requirements, environmental requirements, product quality standards and ensuring compliance with external regulatory bodies. The process should be sufficiently resilient to be always compliant to the required standards (now and in the future) and flexible enough to respond to changes in demand.
* Identify new technologies and make recommendations to the production engineering team.
* Provide breakdown support and improve reliability of machines and equipment.
* Provide technical support for maintaining process instructions and documentation control.
* Actively assist in problem investigation and resolution.
* Raising capital applications and managing project implementation plans.
* Coaching others in the above tasks. Delegating tasks to other specialists and junior team members.
* Proven experience in the selection, implementation and running of a wet paint plant.
* Experience of working in a lean process environment
* Have a thorough understanding of paint test procedures and quality maintenance procedures
* Have an excellent understanding of the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001 and paint compliance standards
* Excellent computer skills, Excel/Access/Word
* Good basic engineering skills
* Engineering Degree, or similar