Role: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Personal Safety Team / PPE
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Highly Competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to step into a Senior Mechanical Engineer Role or a Senior Test Engineer looking to join a Global Test company. You will join the Personal Safety Team working mainly on PPE and respiratory products. If this is of interest please apply within. This role is perfect for an engineer with a mechanical bias who is able to apply their technical ability in a client focused role.
- Support the Team Manager providing quotations, managing chargeable Testing Projects, planning of Test workload through the laboratory, alignment with Lean Metrics, supervising test work on a defined range of products to agreed quality, standards and timescale.
- Review, accurate and completed test reports and contribute to evaluate test products primarily for safety, efficiency, fit for purpose and/or bespoke customer requirements.
- Strong communication and project management skills are at the heart of this role, you'll have constant interaction and engagement with clients at a variety of levels, from technicians to Directors.
- Previous experience as a test engineer or mechanical products and have a Mechanical Engineering qualification.
- Build relationships with our clients, understand their requirements and then deliver this work autonomously.
- Manage multiple projects and audit work so strong project management skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills to confidently to liaise with clients, and advise on the status of work to facilitate premier customer service & on-time delivery on all work and projects.
- A drive for development is key as you'll be given the opportunity to develop technical skills to work across a wide variety of laboratories, equipment and standards or client bespoke requirements.
- Resourceful and solution orientate
- Proactive and flexible
- Great attention to detail
Keywords: Test Engineer, Personal safety team, PPE, personal protective equipment, respiratory, gas,