SENIOR PROCESS CHEMIST
Location: Blackpool, Preston area
Hours: 8.00 - 17.00 Monday, Friday
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Our Client a global polymer manufacturing company based in the Preston area, are looking to recruit for an experienced Chemist who will work as a vital part of the process team and will support/ supervise the other two chemists onsite.
- Issuing of batch sheets to produce material with optimum product quality using SAP database. Quality Control monitoring of materials manufactured.
- Supervision of Process Chemists.
- Will be required to plan organise and carry out polymerisation reactions on production scale reactors.
- Will be monitoring and processing scrap material on the Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Day to day duties will require controlling all aspects of meeting production targets.
- The position will report directly to the Technical Manager.
- Training will be provided to develop and broaden the job specification.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based subject
- Will ideally have experience in polymer blending or the blending process (industry experience required in a GMP setting)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, train and report information
- Sound understanding and adherence to strict QMS and teaching others about quality guidelines
- Good mathematical capabilities, to aid the blending process