Senior Product Development Chemist, Polymers, Gels, Coatings, Adhesives
Type: Fixed Term Contract 18 months
Salary: Upto £37,000 DOE
Additional: 3% Company Bonus, Company Pension etc.
- Subject matter expert for product portfolio.
- Collaborate with innovation and commercial to identify new product opportunities and create solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Formulate and / or design new hydrogel based products to come up with innovative solutions to unmet needs.
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies.
- Provide prospective research services to customers.
- Respond to customer service requests for technical support and product information. Coordinate customer relations where required.
- Assure competitive data and claims support data are comprehensive and readily available.
- Supervise research and development team members. Identify and promote professional growth opportunities for R&D reports.
- Lead business critical projects to replace discontinued raw materials, ensuring no impact to product quality and functionality and no disruption to product supply.
- Provide technical expertise to rapidly resolve manufacturing processing issues; facilitate process improvements, deliver cost saving initiatives and implement technical transfers.
- Oversee maintenance of laboratory equipment and infrastructure in optimal working conditions; including ensuring compliance with applicable health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for managing technical reports and presenting on various R&D activities.
- Develop and oversee policies/procedures where required.
- Working with the customer to generate data to support medical device approval under the MDR.
- Coordinating product performance & claims testing
- Arranging materials for process trials (with Supply chain)
- Running and reporting the dressing development trials in conjunction with engineering
- Manufacture of production equivalent, GMP, prototypes for biological safety testing, stability studies and clinical studies
- Justifying production equivalence and working to GMP principles, ensuring full traceability from raw materials to end prototypes
- Test method development and validation experience
- Basic Knowledge of Polymers (Polymer chemistry or Polymer processing or scale up); experience in industry essential
- Ideally REACH experience and prototyping, scale up etc
- The ideal candidate will have experience of developing medical devices (in accordance with ISO 13485).