Role: Senior Product Development Scientist
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Russell Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a principle scientist, specialised in Hydrogels, to manage a Research and Development team for the commercialisation of Healthcare products.
- Subject matter expert for hydrogel product portfolio.
- Collaborating with innovation and commercial to identify new product opportunities and create solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Formulating and / or designing new hydrogel based products to come up with innovative solutions to unmet needs.
- Evaluating research tools and emerging technologies.
- Providing prospective research services to customers.
- Responding to customer service requests for technical support and product information.
- Coordinating customer relations where required.
- Assuring competitive data and claims support data are comprehensive and readily available.
- Supervising research and development team members. Identifying and promoting professional growth opportunities for R&D reports.
- Leading business critical projects to replace discontinued raw materials, ensuring no impact to product quality and functionality and no disruption to product supply.
- Providing technical expertise to rapidly resolve manufacturing processing issues; facilitating process improvements, delivering cost saving initiatives and implement technical transfers.
- Overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment and infrastructure in optimal working conditions; including ensuring compliance with applicable health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for managing technical reports and presenting on various R&D activities.
- Developing and overseeing policies/procedures where required.
- Ph.D, M.Sc. or B.Sc. in appropriate scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant scientific or technical experience, some of which involving leadership responsibility.
- Experienced and practiced in design control and project and pipeline management.
- Strong knowledge of hydrogel technologies and reaction chemistry.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data.
- Ability to innovate and problem solve.
- A strong sense of creativity.
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information and to judge how and with whom this information should be shared.
- Ability to foster a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment.
- Ability to read and respond to needs of customer and Scapa stakeholder.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, project management, problem solving, and adaptability.
- Capability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge and ability to implement principles of management, leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and motivation.
- Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Knowledgeable in preparing technical reports.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.