Take control and install a wet paint plant capable of applying a variety of wet paint finishes.
- Make sure the plant is able to meet the necessary production requirements in terms of process time and capacity.
- Make sure that painted product meets the required quality standards (adhesion, cure, thickness, colour etc)
- Control the plant to meet the necessary environmental standards with regard to emissions, storage of paint products and disposal of waste products.
- Propose and implement changes to meet changes in specification or standards
- Previous experience in the selection, implementation and running of a wet paint plant.
- Experience of working in a lean process environment
- Thorough understanding of paint test procedures and quality maintenance procedures
- Have an excellent understanding of the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001 and paint compliance standards
- Good awareness of continuous improvement techniques
- Experience of quality control, statistics and capability study
- Experience of MRP (Material requirements planning)
Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar
- IOSH Health & Safety qualification
- Continuous Improvement qualification
- NACE ICA and /or CIP qualifications
- Membership of a professional body such as IMechE