Senior Project Manager
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a Project Manager to work for a reputable System Integrator in South Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of contracts to be delivered to major clients within the Oil, Gas, Power, Renewables and Nuclear Industry. The contracts include a range of full turnkey solutions culminating in several £million. The contracts focus on Electrical Control Systems and cover Requirements Definition, Design, Substantiation, Implementation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and the ongoing support.
* Responsible for a number of contracts cumulatively £several m, from inception through to delivery within demanding timescales
* Ensuring that the portfolio of projects are delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction
* Overall financial responsibility for these contracts, including subcontracts for specialist works and supplies
* People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of hardware, software and installation engineers
* Responsibility for all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company Q,H&S Manager and project H&S Advisor
* Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
* Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
* Degree qualified, ideally from an electrical engineering background
* At least 5 years demonstrable project management experience within similar industries
* Must have good customer facing skills
* Must be commercially astute and an experienced negotiator
* Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
* Experience of subcontractor management
* Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
* Current driving license and must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
* A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or approved training.
* A recognized safety qualification (for example IOSH managing Safely) and/or approved training