Senior Project Manager
RTG are currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager to deliver multiyear, multi-party contracts specifically to NEC in the Nuclear industry. This role is based in Staffordshire with remote working an option.
Our Client has a portfolio of contracts to be delivered to major clients within the Nuclear Industry with cumulative values of several £Ms. The contracts include a range of full turnkey solutions based upon PLC/SCADA technology and including hardwired/logic based safety systems. The contracts cover Requirements Definition, Design, Substantiation, Implementation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and the ongoing support.
* Senior management role responsible for a number of contracts cumulatively £several m, from inception through to delivery within demanding timescales
* Ensuring that the portfolio of projects are delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction
* Including liaison with production and hardware engineering facilities
* Overall financial responsibility for these contracts, including subcontracts for specialist works and supplies
* People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of project managers, hardware, software and installation engineers (up to 30)
* Responsibility for all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company Q,H&S Manager and project H&S Advisor
* Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
* Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
* Degree qualified, ideally from an electrical engineering background
* At least 10 years demonstrable full E,C&I project management experience within the nuclear industry or similar regulated background
* Must have good customer facing skills
* Experience of NEC3 /4 contracting
* Must be commercially astute and an experienced negotiator
* Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
* Experience of subcontractor management
* Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
* Current driving license and must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
* Must be able to gain SC clearance as a minimum
* A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or approved training.
* A recognized safety qualification (for example IOSH managing Safely) and/or approved training
* Experience of CEMAR