I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large national main contractor, with an annual turnover in excess of £500m. They have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join the team and run a £15m new build industrial build in the Birmingham area.
The contractor has a well established reputation in the industry and a strong portfolio of prestigious schemes across the country. They are looking for a Senior Project manager with a wide range of experience working as a No1 Project manager on projects from £10m - £50m. Candidates with experience in building Warehouses/ Industrial Units/ Sheds would be preferred.
As a project manager you will be based on site and dealing directly with the client and managing the project taking a view of all commercial aspects including profits and costs and managing your onsite QS to drive this. You will have a proven track record of maximising value on previous projects and must be a strong communicator. You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and using your influencing and negotiating skills. You will take an overview of the overall Health and safety, quality and productivity of your sites and be able to drive these initiatives.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Experience in dealing with clients directly and managing multiple customer relationships
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIOB
- Experience in the planning and programming of projects
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Asta/ Microsoft project/ Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- 1st Aid
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with your updated CV or contact Aisling Groarke for more information.