Lead QA Technician (Pharmaceutical Packaging)
£23,000 with an IMMEDIATE START
Do you want to work for a market leading pharmaceuticals manufacturer who globally specialise in pharmaceutical print and packaging? Are you dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional quality/lab support working within a small but experienced team of lab technicians? Do you want to work for a business who truly value their staff by offering highly competitive contractual benefits? (See below)
If the answer is yes, this could well be your new role in a COVID safe environment and within a business where there is no threat of redundancy.
Your new role joining this business will be titled QC Supervisor, working within the Quality Department being the 'go to' support for two QC Operatives.
For you to be successful in your new role you will be confident in:
- Efficient operation of QC processes to ensure the availability of finished product for delivery or stock and raw materials for production * Monitor GMP / hygiene compliance in production areas and warehouse * Assist production to achieve quality & GMP compliance. * Maintain supplier approval documentation, raise and track supplier non-conformances * Maintenance of the calibration program * Logging non-conformances and implementing initial corrective action * Reviewing the quarantine area on a regular basis to ensure progression of resolution * Assisting with QC activities * Final product inspection to ensure compliance of product with ISO9000, PS9000 and customer requirements. * Filing system for samples and documentation to ensure quick retrieval * Planning company resources for the future; input for QC activity and testing equipment replacements * Critical QC decisions possibly impacting upon the customer. * Prioritisation of workload to ensure that release dates are maintained * Disposition of non-conforming product
Your Daily Tasks and Responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with production / warehouse regarding priorities for release * Monitoring progression of jobs for release and prioritising to meet delivery requirements * Assisting production in the non-conformance process to ensure that information and samples are collected as necessary * Deciding on disposition of non-conforming product and ensuring clear identification, liaising with Production Supervisor regarding rework requirements * Supporting production in both quality and GMP requirements * Quarantining any product which does not pass batch release processes * Supporting production in both quality and GMP requirements * Maintaining supplier approval documentation * Raising and tracking supplier non-conformances * Supporting QC Operatives & QA Manager * Maintaining the calibration program
To support you in your initial 'settling in' period you will have:
- Procedures & Work Instructions * 2 x QC Operatives * QA Manager support * Senior Management Support * Computer system access & IT Support
Skills and knowledge you will have experience in to carry out your role perfectly:
- Good basic education * PC literate * Analytical and attention to detail * Customer focused * Able to work under pressure and make difficult decisions * Logical and methodical in their approach to work * Confidence to make decisions and challenge non-conformance * Understanding of documented systems * Working knowledge of key SOP's and documentation, including accept and eject criteria * Good understanding of GMP requirements, ISO9000 and PS9000 * Good communication skills * Ability to challenge and question personnel , processes and procedures
- £23,000 - paid monthly * 25 days hols - accrued monthly + bank hols * Cover for shift QC operatives for ill health and holidays included in salary * Day hours 8:30 -4:30 with some flexibility.