Role: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: UK based
Salary: Highly competitive
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a lead quality engineer to join our client's global Testing, Inspection and Certification Company. This is an exciting opportunity to perform a variety of local and regional quality assurance engineering functions to ensure processes and procedures meet the full requirements of the quality standards as defined by the client's quality systems.
- Develops, implements and maintains worldwide quality systems to meet and/or exceed the quality standard requirements (i.e., ISO 9001, Lean Sigma).
- Performs corporate oversight reviews and evaluates compliance with the stated requirements.
- Provide project management leadership
- Works closely with global initiatives aimed at introducing and institutionalizing a comprehensive set of quality metrics necessary to enable the client to objectively meet their quality goals and improve processes worldwide.
- Analyse quality data to support improvement efforts.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective action for quality issues. Additionally recommend and implement system improvements worldwide.
- Interfaces with management and department leaders in a team effort to resolve issues at all levels of the organization.
- Communicates with all levels to ensure consistency and integrity of the clients quality systems.
- University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related technical field
- Generally eight years of experience in engineering quality
- Demonstrated proficiency in quality methodologies- statistical thinking, data systems, and statistical process control.
- Extended knowledge of ISO standards (e.g., ISO 9001, 17025, 17065).
- Experience of project management
- Ability to manage multiple, complex and technical projects
- Analytical ability to evaluate potential causes or results of reported problems and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work within a matrix environment.
- strong experience and ability in Conformity Assessments
- Willing to travel across Europe, Middle East and Asia to help with the development and implementation of quality systems
Key Words: - Quality, engineer, ISO 17025, ISO 9001, assessments, project management