Senior Quantity Surveyor - Boston, Lincolnshire
Russell Taylor Group are working as the recruitment partner to one of our key main contractor clients. We are working with them to provide a new Senior Quantity Surveyor for a major windfarm project.
We need a driven and commercially astute Quantity Surveyor who has excellent commination skills coupled with strong IT and MS Office knowledge.
Our client will install 60km of underground cable and carry out the largest number of horizontal directional drills ever undertaken on a single infrastructure project.
They are also designing and installing the project's critical onshore cable circuits. These will stretch from Skegness to Bicker Fen.
This offshore wind farm, 32km off the coast of the UK, has a planned installed capacity of 860MW. Capable of supplying the equivalent of over 800,000 UK households with renewable electricity a year.
The installation is one of the biggest engineering challenges of its kind, with almost 60km of underground cable to install, and over 300 obstacles to be crossed by individual horizontal direction drills - three times more than what's believed to be the previous UK record for an infrastructure project.
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
- Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
- Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
- Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
- Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
- Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
- Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
- Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
Skills and Experience
- Commercially astute. Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.