Senior Quantity Surveyor
Permanent - Warrington
Salary £55,000 (Competitive) + Company car/allowance and bonus schemes.
Due to an increase in projects my client is looking for an experienced senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis in the Warrington area. My client are one of the Uk's top leading house builder, who take pride in building high quality 5 Star family homes across the North West.
My client is currently looking for an individual with exceptional communication and negotiation skills, customer focus and business & commercial acumen. Working closely with the Commercial Director you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for all procurement. As the senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be fully responsible for the commercial reporting of projects within the region including benchmarking, land viabilities, tender recommendations, WIP, cash flows, valuations and final accounts.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective commercial management and control of projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation. Working as part of a successful team, this business can offer ambitious candidates the opportunities to further develop their career and push on for promotions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and outcome forecast
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and busy housing developer, the projects are fast paced and delivered with a real enthusiasm in site delivery. For the right candidate the company can offer a clear progression path for career development.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information or call Lauren on 0151-737-5560