Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £50k-£60k (DOE) + Package
I am recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of my well-known and reputable client based in their Warrington office. My client is a regional design and build contractor that delivers a mixture of both new build and refurbishments, ranging across education, commercial and leisure. Their scope of projects ranges from £500k to £10million.
You will be expected to look after 2-3 live projects at any one time as well as assist in the tendering process and completion of final accounts on completed projects.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
- Providing resource and assistance to the Estimating Department with tenders as and when required handover project tender data from Estimating department
- Regular review and updating of CVR to ensure that forcasted profit/loss figures are as accurate as possible given the current information
- Creation and monitoring of Commercial Appraisal
- Sub-contract procurement in line with the agreed procurement schedule and programme of the project to ensure that orders to subcontractors are placed in a timely fashion
- Control of subcontractor's accounts on the project
- Being aware of subcontractor's obligations under the sub-contract and raising any issues of concern with the project team/Commercial Director as soon as they become apparent
- Being aware of obligations under the main contract and raising any issues of concern with the project team/Commercial Director as soon as they become apparent
- Processing subcontractor applications for payment in a timely fashion to ensure that subcontractors are paid on time in accordance with the agreed subcontract terms and conditions and the relevant notices are issued
- Attendance and active participation at site meetings, project review meetings and monthly cost meetings
- Carrying out monthly valuations under the main contract, agreeing the monthly valuation with Client's Agent/Quantity Surveyor/Architect as required and issuing invoices to the Client within the correct timescales
- Monitoring payments due under the main contract to assist payment of invoices by the Client in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Main Contract
- Liaising with the Buying department for the procurement of materials for the project
- A wealth of experience in quantity surveying essential
- BSc Degree or higher in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Negotiation, communication, and time management skills
- Strong analytic pricing skills
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly on 07790827676.