Senior Quantity Surveyor
£55k - £65k + Package
My client are a mid-size design and build contractor, who focus in residential projects, building houses and apartments. They are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Manchester, to work on their latest project with a value in excess of £25m.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have experience working on similar projects, in excess of £20m total value. You will ideally have experience working on traditional load bearing Masonry housing projects, and steel frame SFS external walls on piled foundations for the apartments. It is essential you have worked on projects over 5 storeys for this role.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Final Accounts management including variations, claims and disputes.
- Financial forecasting for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Monitoring resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Working alongside the Bid Team in the preparation and costings of tenders for new work.
- Managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and Assistant Quantity Surveyors
The successful Senior QS will:
- have experience of working within the Construction industry for a Housing contractor, ideally on new build housing schemes.
- have sound knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of Contract.
- will be degree qualified or equivalent
- have 5+ years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor
For more information on this role, or to apply, please contact Molly on 07790827676 or firstname.lastname@example.org