I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large national main contractor, with an annual turnover in excess of £500m. They have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team and run a £15m new build industrial unit in the Birmingham area.
The contractor has a well established reputation in the industry and a strong portfolio of prestigious schemes across the country. They are looking for a Senior Quantity surveyor with a wide range of experience working as a No1 QS on projects from £10m - £50m. Candidates with experience in building Warehouses/ Industrial Units/ Sheds would be preferred.
The ideal individual will be qualified to a minimum on HNC level in Quantity Surveying, with a stable work history and main contracting experience.
Duties will include:
* Monthly Valuations
* Preparing Bills of Quantities
* Carrying out Take Offs
* Monitor material and labour costs
* Advise on commercial and contractual issues as instructed
* Communicate with project staff and sub-contractors regularly to ensure all commercial procedures in place
* Qualified to minimum of HNC In Quantity Surveying
* Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
* Previous experience working for a main contractor ideally on industrial schemes
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a large team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to develop within a well-established contractor.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with your updated CV or contact Aisling Groarke for more information.