Senior Quantity Surveyor- permanent
Salary £competitive +package
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a Major National and International Main Building Contractor who have a number of large projects underway in the Manchester area. They specialise in large prestigious high rise projects and commercial schemes.
They are currently recruiting for an excellent Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team to work on a prestigious scheme in Manchester city centre. The scheme is in excess of £90m and is a high rise new build project based in Manchester city centre.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor they are looking for will have a stable work history and have a strong high value new build background, experience working for a main building contractor on student accommodation or hotel projects with values of 30million plus is essential. The contractor pride themselves on building and designing buildings which leave a lasting impression on those who use the facilities as such they ensure to have the highest calibre team in place to do this.
The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all contracts while ensuring complete compliance with the contract outlines.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Final Accounts management including variations, claims and disputes.
- Financial forecasting for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Monitoring resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Working alongside the Bid Team in the preparation and costings of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a Main contractor ideally on new build higher value schemes.
- You will have sound knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of Contract.
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a well-known and respected contractor on attractive schemes. You will also receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to have a confidential chat about the role please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more details.