I have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established main contractor in the Merseyside area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial delivery of construction projects across the North West region which are generally valued between £5m - £25m. Current projects include new builds to schools and student accommodation to name a few.
The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all contracts while ensuring complete compliance with the contract outlines.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Final Accounts management including variations, claims and disputes.
- Financial forecasting for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Monitoring resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Working alongside the Bid Team in the preparation and costings of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a Main contractor, ideally on new build higher value schemes.
- You will have sound knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of Contract.
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a well-known and respected contractor on attractive schemes. You will also receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to have a confidential chat about the role please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more details.