Our client is looking to attract an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager to join the team on a permanent basis in their head office in South Manchester. Our client is a busy Specialist Contractor, working on complete building envelopes including roofing, cladding, glazing and renewable energy. Projects you can expect to be involved with will vary, so an enthusiastic and adaptable approach is important, with typical values ranging anything from £500,000 to £10m+.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should be an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a step up or a commercial manager working in a similar capacity for around 4+ years, with ideally a degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
This is a key role in the business, the main elements of which are:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cashflow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- management of Junior staff and immediate control of commercial team
- carry out tasks as assigned by the Commercial Director, Manager or Regional Managing Director from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
You will have a degree/HND or equivalent, ideally in Quantity Surveying. You will have substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or a specialist contractor, ideally in a related sector of the industry, ie roofing and cladding, glazing or modular buildings.
You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative. Membership to a professional body is desirable not essential.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or call Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for further information.