Senior Service Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Senior Service Engineer who will eventually make the leap in to managing the technical aspects within our Client's service department.
The successful candidate will deliver system service support whilst commissioning complete Automation Control Systems which may include PLCs, AC/DC drives, Robots general control gear, network and SCADA systems. The sites may be anywhere in the United Kingdom or overseas.
* Site support on customer automation control applications to include PLC, VSD's, Robots network and SCADA systems.
* On-site commissioning of engineered automation Control Systems.
* Workshop testing of engineered automation Control Systems.
* Investigation and Repair of components to include PLC, VSD's, Robots network and SCADA systems.
* Other engineering duties deemed to be within your capabilities.
* To be able to assist other on-site engineers if required.
* To be capable of reading electrical schematic diagrams and PLC software listings.
* To be capable of keeping accurate and up to date site logs and timesheets.
* Accurate marking-up of commissioning documentation.
* To adhere to the Company's Quality and Health and Safety procedures and any other Company policies and procedures.
* 24/7 callout support.
Eventual Management responsibilities
* Responsible for managing the technical aspects within the service department, ensuring the compliance with all relevant standards and requirements, liaising with the Technical Director for support and guidance.
* Development of technical strategies, documents, contracts, processes and specifications working closely with the Production and service Manager to ensure quality, consistency and efficiency within the service department.
* Assist with development and technical detail within the service ERP System.
* To ensure that health and safety, good working practises and industry standards are adhered to by the service team. Update procedures and training as required.
* Assist sales with technical support, site audits and quotations.
* Develop and deliver bespoke training courses to meet the customer's requirement
* Maintain service training records, highlighting any delivering additional training as required.
* PLC knowledge and experience of siemens (S5, S7, Tia & PCs7), Rockwell, Mitsubishi and Omron - programming languages - Ladder, Function block and structured text.
* Variable Speed Drive knowledge and experience of Siemens, ABB, Rockwell, CT and Danfoss. Commissioning, Fault finding and internal repair.
* HMI & Scada fault finding.
* Industrial Network experience, fault finding and commissioning.
* Robot Service and repair.