Role: - Senior Site Test Engineer (Field Based)
Location: - Remote with UK and European travel
Salary: - Competitive DOE + Paid Overtime at 1.25%
Type: - Permanent
Hours: - Full time hours working from home with 70% travel (20-40 hours overtime per month depending on business need)
Benefits: - Pension: 3% employee/5% employer, Life assurance (2 x salary if not in the pension scheme, 6 x salary if in the pension scheme), Retail discount vouchers, Paid time off to volunteer, Training available to various levels and roles and wellbeing initiatives.
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an individual with an electrical/electronic background to join a global testing company. This role is open to senior candidates with testing and certification experience around industrial machinery (Lab analyser, refrigeration and saw machine etc). But don't worry if you are a junior with electronic/electrical qualifications and hands on experience you will also be considered for the role with training provided. As a Senior Site Test Engineer, you will need to be happy with travelling around the UK and Europe to carry out work independently, this will involve hotel stays which is covered by expenses and paid overtime.
- Set and delivery of tests carried out client products at customer sites.
- Core tests will include but not limited to rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, and flammability.
- Produce final evaluation and stage reports detailing summary and project findings.
- Review client requirements and preparation of test plans/quotations in liaison with the client.
- Attend client preliminary design review session.
- Communicate project status and test results to the client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients throughout.
- Perform other tasks as per business need.
- Weekly meetings with line manager via Microsoft Teams or WhatsApp.
- The Person
- Electrical/electronic or similar engineering degree or equivalent (HND/HNC/NVQ or Apprenticeship).
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics/electrical components/ faults/ circuit diagrams.
- Ability to write reports/document certification and test results.
- Strong knowledge of IEC 61010 and other international industrial standards (desirable).
- Ability to travel up to 70% as business needs dictate.
- Physical dexterity to operate equipment in a safe environment and perform other functions.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment and responsible for working to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.