Pay: Highly competitive, plus additional benefits (bonus, pension etc)
Our Client, a major - multi sited Contract Testing company are looking to appoint an experienced VOC / GC-MS Analyst; this company is experiencing significant growth at this time and the successful Candidate will be rewarded with a competitive package and lots of career scope.
- Routine VOC testing
- Thermal desorption testing and method development using TD-GCMS (Markes/Shimadzu).
- Operation, development and maintenance of LC-MS/MS, GCMS and GC-MS/MS instruments.
- Organising workloads to ensure samples are reported in agreed timescales.
- Ensuring all ISO 17025 quality requirements are met in line with laboratory procedures.
- Method validation as required by ISO 17025.
- Process and interpretation of analytical results.
- Performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Writing technical reports.
- Supervision and training of staff as required.
- Ensure laboratory records are kept accurate and up to date.
- BSc in Science or equivalent (Chemistry preferred).
- Worked in a UKAS accredited lab with significant VOC testing experience.
- The ideal Candidate will have extended HPLC, LC-MS and GC-MS experience in addition to the above.
- Experience of method development and method validation.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of FTIR, UV/vis and ICP-MS would be beneficial.
- Used to working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.